Question What is a Workover Rig?


Staff member
Workover rigs, also called completion rigs or pulling units, are specialized oil rigs set up for inserting or pulling pipe tubing in and out of wells. Workover crews are called when an oil well has been drilled, is undergoing repair or is being retired.



New member
I would say this is one of they most demanding jobs. But on the plus side most rigs around here get Sundays off.